Mentha longifolia (perennial, high water need)
Soil and water: rich, moist soil. Water frequently.
Tip for the Nomad: Plant mint on opposite side to a low water need plant like oregano and only water the mint. The low water need plant will take what is left over from mint.
Sun: preferably a cool, moist spot in partial shade but grows also in full sun.
Harvest: snip leaves or sprigs as needed. To harvest in quantity, cut stems to within an inch or so above the ground.
- digestion: calming for an upset stomach
- against nausea & headache
- relieves respiratory disorders and coughs
- natural stimulant against depression and fatigue
- oral care, skin care and weight loss
Add chopped fresh leaves to lamb, rice, salads, cooked vegetables or yogurt dressings.
Mint tea! (hot or iced)